Jobs in Presbytery of the Miami Valley
Position Openings in the Presbytery Reported to this Website
Presbyterian Church of Wilmington
-Posted September 28, 2021-
The Presbyterian Church of Wilmington is seeking qualified candidates to interview for the part-time position of office administrator.
For a complete job description or to apply, please contact the Rev. Stan Gockel, Pastor/Head of Staff, at email@example.com, 937-382-2185 (office), or 513-594-7970 (mobile).
Covenant Presbyterian Church
-Posted September 13, 2021-
To lead youth into a lifelong relationship with Jesus Christ, in the areas of youth ministry (6th-12th grades) and music ministry in an intergenerational community of faith. The preferred candidate is a youth leader with a desire to participate in music ministry, who is enthusiastic, motivated, and demonstrates a Christ centered life.
Salary: starting at $12,000
Youth (6th-12th grades)
- Develop, direct, and manage middle school and high school ministry, including Christian education, Confirmation, and fellowship.
- Weekly gathering for study & fellowship outside of Sunday worship time.
- Work with the Pastor, staff, and volunteers to grow and encourage our youth in their faith and the ministry of our church.
- Provide regular (at least quarterly) ministry opportunities for serving others which may include but would not be limited to local service protects, mission trips, service to the congregation, etc.
- Coordinate youth camps, lock-ins, retreats, and other fellowship opportunities.
- Connect and provide fellowship opportunities with the greater faith community in the area.
- Bring music to Youth activities, such as playing a guitar for group singing.
- Have a desire to participate in the praise band during Sunday morning worship service.
- Assist with leading a praise band.
- Promote youth participation and leadership in the praise band and choir.
- Have or be working toward a Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited institution, in Christian
Education or human development specialties.
- Seminary training would be beneficial, but this is a non-ordained position.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Experience in youth ministry, music ministry, and strong skills in social media platforms are desired
- Passing a background check is required.
- Be a team player.
This is a part time position. Expectations will be 10-15 hours of work per week. Vacation and sick days will be provided annually. Submit resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
First Presbyterian Church
-Posted July 28, 2021-
Title: Youth Leader
Purpose: To minister to and with Junior High and High School students
Accountability: To the Pastor and the Session.
Position Type: Part-time
I. Weekly Youth Meetings
Plan, organize, advertise, and lead weekly Youth Meetings for Junior High and High School Students. Meetings will typically be held on Sunday evenings and last 2 hours long. Each meeting will be different, but should include a variety of fun, educational, and mission programs.
II. Youth Connections
Youth ministry is as much about relationships as it is about programming. The Youth Leader should work to establish relationships with Youth members at an appropriate and professional level. Items such as emails, prayer requests, and concerns should be handled with care and shared with the Pastor when appropriate.
The Youth Leader should strive to grow the Youth Program through intentional outreach. This includes personal invitations, communications through the church website, and social media. Every effort should be made to be as inclusive as possible to reach every Youth Member.
The Youth Leader will write a monthly article for the church newsletter and work to communicate all upcoming programs and events. The Youth Leader will also communicate with the Pastor and Program Director in developing programs and the parents of Youth members.
Hours: The Youth Leader should expect to work approximately 10 hours a week
*Please note, in keeping with the guidelines of the Presbyterian Church (USA), a background check will be required for this position.
POC: Rev. Frank Rupnik email@example.com
Communication and Technology Specialist
Knox Presbyterian Church
-Posted April 29, 2021-
Knox Presbyterian Church seeks one or more candidates to fill a fulltime equivalent position as a Communications and Technology Specialist to build on and develop further a robust program of effective communication strategies and worship resources for internal and external audiences employing various forms of print and digital media. The incumbent advises and collaborates with staff and lay leadership on the most effective strategies for communicating the vision to which God has called us.